Living on the streets is challenging and especially during this COVID 19 period. Unfortunately this is a reality for the street-connected community.
When you see homeless children & youth begging on the street, you feel compelled to help. By donating to uMthombo uBuntu Campaign, you can change the life of homeless children & youth in a meaningful way.
Why People Are Homeless:
There are many factors that contribute to one being homeless and some of these factors are directly linked as to why many are still homeless.
- Substance abuse
In the next coming week’s uMthombo will resume it monthly food parcels distribution to street-connected communities living in derelict buildings as well as pre-packed cooked meals to children & young people living and working on the streets, in the greater eThekwini region.
How can I help:
- Refer to NGOs working with homeless community.
- Donate to registered NGOs.
- Donate non-perishable and perishable food items.
- Donate toiletries, health & hygiene items- soap, toothpaste, sanitary towels etc.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives.
To donate, visit our website for further details on how you can contribute meaningfully (www.umthombo.org.za).